// HAPPY (BELATED) HALLOWEEN
* We humbly apologize for the delay in not only recording an episode for you (which we did on the 31st) but then in editing and posting for you.
- Work has been extremely busy for myself, Michelle's assignment as a temp ended, so she is actively looking for a new position. Then there's our continued issues with our apartment, and we are now beginning to look for a new place. Then there's NaNoWriMo and I'm dedicating as much time as I can to getting butt in chair to write. We both hope you understand and we shall get another episode together as soon as possible (probably after watching Breaking Dawn Part One).
* We talked about absinthe, including the one I made by maceration of herbs and spices into Everclear (190 proof), but there was no distillation. So by legal definition, this is not really "absinthe".
- Wormwood was also not macerated into the spirit (since I cannot distill the result) -- instead I added a wormwood extract after the herbs were macerated and filtered. This produced a gorgeous olive green color, minimally bitter, but high proof alcohol. I prefer the Everclear because it helps break down the natural oils in the herbs better than the vodka did. This just means you need to use about half as much absinthe in your cocktails because it is WAY too strong.
- We did a taste test between ours and two other commercially available absinthes (in small bottles).
- We made a Corpse Reviver and an Obituary Cocktail. Poorly. (Some substitutes do not suffice.)
* Underwood and Flinch and other podcasts by Mike Bennett
* The Machine Stops by E.M. Forster, produced as an audio drama by M.J. Hahn
- Best Horror Movie: Let Me In
- Best Horror Actress: Chloe Grace Moretz, Let Me In
- Best Horror Actor: Alexander Skarsgard
- Breakout Performance - Male: Joe Manganiello, "Alcide Herveaux", True Blood
- Best Ensemble: True Blood
- Michelle gives it a 6, Dan gives it a 7
// HALLOWEEN MEMORIES
That wraps up this episode of the Out Of The Coffin podcast. Thanks for listening!
This Blog and Podcast are © Copyright 2008-2011 by Dan Shaurette, under the Creative Commons "Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike" License. Some Rights Reserved.
If you have any comments about this podcast, feel free to drop a note at OutOfTheCoffin.com/contact or visit our Facebook page. Or, if you'd rather leave some voice mail, you can call us at: (623)239-2942.