Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:01:11 — 56.2MB)
* This is Episode #59 for May 8, 2010.
* Julie Hoverson from 19Nocturne Blvd recently posted on her blog an excellent discussion about the evolving role of vampires. You should check it out.
* True Blood Season 3 starts June 13. Waiting Sucks! Have you been watching the minisodes?
* June also brings something interesting to the CW. Beginning Thursday June 3, the CW will air reruns of the first season of The Vampire Diaries for those who need to catch up (*ahem* Michelle *cough*) followed by reruns of Moonlight starring Alex O'Loughlin.
- P.S., Alex O'Loughlin has been tapped by CBS for their remake of Hawaii Five-O. That I might watch. But seriously, CBS, you KNOW the fans want MOONLIGHT back. Just admit it and make it happen instead of trying to find new roles to shove him into.
* Oh yeah, and in case the squealing tween girls didn't alert you, June 30th is when Eclipse, the third movie in the Twilight Saga, hits theatres.
* I have finished reading CHANGELESS by Gail Carriger. Folks, if you have not read this or its prequel SOULLESS, you are depriving yourself of some of the best writing out there. September cannot get here soon enough as that is when the third book, BLAMELESS, will be released. Gail's books are set in a Victorian England full of vampires, werewolves, and ghosts. The main character, Alexia, is a preternatural who has the ability to negate the supernatural. This gets her into all sorts of hilarious and suspenseful situations. I'll have a full review of CHANGELESS soon, but for now, seriously, go pick up these books!
* MURDER AT AVEDON HILL available on Amazon May 15th from Dragon Moon Press!
* Merciless Storytellers podcast fiction competition.
* I had the pleasure of interviewing P.G. Holyfield, author of MURDER AT AVEDON HILL, for the excellent QuadrupleZ podcast. You can listen to it there shortly, and I do hope you check out that podcast, as the QuadZ staff discusses all forms of awesome in perfect-sized 15 minute episodes.
* Naturally however, whenever I interview someone, I cannot restrain the chat to 15 minutes. So, I am sharing the whole chat in this episode here.
* Yes, I dressed up as Arames Kragen when I attended Evo Terra's 2009 Halloween party.
* MURDER AT AVEDON HILL on Storycasting.com
* PG Holyfield is one of the authors also found in Matthew Wayne Selznick's THE SOVEREIGN ERA: YEAR ONE anthology.
* If you'd like to read my bio/review of PGH/MaAH, check out the article I wrote for Angel Between The Lines.
* Crypticon Seattle Horror Convention - June 18-20, 2010
* 19Nocturne Blvd Short fiction anthology audio drama podcast.
* We wrapped the show by playing, "Shine (live)" by Hungry Lucy, from their second podsafe album, The Teatime Sessions.
- The Teatime Sessions (2008) by Hungry Lucy, is a collection of 9 live performances, originally recorded during the "Tea with Hungry Lucy" podcast, which have been remixed and remastered.
- The entire album is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
- You can listen to and purchase tracks from: Amazon MP3 | iTunes | Rhapsody | Napster | Amie Street | Lala
* Our intro music is "24 FPS" by À Rebours, from their album Vanish, which can be found at iTunes among other places. Check out Ian Stone's MySpace page and blog, too. Find out more about À Rebours and their sister bands at Final Joy Records.
That wraps up this episode of the Out Of The Coffin podcast. Thanks for listening!
This Blog and Podcast are © Copyright 2008-2010 by Dan Shaurette, under the Creative Commons "Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike" License. Some Rights Reserved.
If you have any comments about this podcast, feel free to drop a note at OutOfTheCoffin.com/contact. Or, if you'd rather leave some voice mail, you can call us at 1-206-350-7638.
Technorati Tags:podcast, vampire, Out Of The Coffin, PG Holyfield, Murder At Avedon Hill, Hungry Lucy, À Rebours