* This is Episode #64 for October 28, 2010.
- Michelle and I FINALLY got hitched!
* The Steampunk Experience Friday, Nov. 5 in Phoenix, AZ!
- Explorers of the Unknown, Anachrotechnicians, and Scientific Romantics are hereby given notice that opportunities abound to combine the past and the future in the party of the year. Party like its 1899 to the brassy sounds of the top DJ’s in the West. (21+ Event) $10 Pre-Pay or $15 at the Door.
* Police Release Tape of Chandler "Vampire" Victim
- In the news around the state and in nationally, is a couple from Chandler, AZ (Amanda Williamson and Aaron Homer), who attacked their roommate (Robert Maley) when he wouldn't let them suck his blood.
- ''In an exchange with a Chandler police officer, the victim, 25-year-old Robert Maley, was asked by the officer "he wants to cut you again so he could suck your blood?". Maley replied "and I said no and then he flipped because they think they're vampires." The couple, according to Maley, is "into vampire stuff." And not in that Twilight sort of way. Maley says he'd let his roommates, 24-year-old Aaron Homer and 21-year-old Amanda Williamson, suck his blood in the past but this time he wasn't interested. After Maley told the couple they couldn't suck his blood, Homer became furious and stabbed him in the arm.
Bleeding heavily, Maley didn't immediately call an ambulance because there was a warrant out for his arrest for a probation violation. Rather, he ran out of the apartment leaving a snack for Homer and Williamson trail of blood leading out of the apartment. Simultaneously, firefighters were treating someone next door to Maley's apartment when they saw a man with blood gushing out of his arm. They called police.
When police arrived, Williamson and Homer were sitting in the blood-covered apartment. Williamson said she stabbed Maley in self defense after he attacked her. Homer told several different stories -- none of which were believed by police -- before finally settling on claiming Maley made fun of their "religion," so he stabbed him. Williamson was arrested on charges of false reporting. Homer was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, and Maley was arrested on his probation violation warrant. He was also treated for the wound, which required several stitches.''
* Scream 2010 - True Blood, Twilight, and Vampire Diaries
- The 2010 Scream Awards was full of vampire winners!
Holy Shit Scene of the Year - Twisted Sex from True Blood
Best Fantasy Actress - Kristen Stewart, Bella from Twilight
Best Horror Actress - Anna Paquin- True Blood- presented by the Vampire Diairescast
Best Horror Actor - Alexander Skarsgard -True Blood
Best TV Show - True Blood
Best Fantasy Movie - Twilight Eclipse
* GEIST, the new Mass Market novel by Philippa Ballantine.
* The Love Long and Prosper podcast hosted by Dan and CJ Feierabend.
* From Jack Mangan, host of Jack Mangan's Deadpan Podcast.
- ROB STEFANIUK plays JOEY, the lead singer of The Winners band. Suck marks Stefaniuk's second feature film which he wrote, stars in and directs in addition to co-writing the music and lyrics for seven of the songs.
- The movie stars Rob Stefaniuk (Joey), Jessica Paré (Jennifer), Chris Ratz (Hugo), Dave Foley (Jeff, the Manager), and Malcolm McDowell (Eddie Van Helsig), Alice Cooper (Bartender), Dimitri Coats (of Burning Brides, as Queeny), Moby (a vegan, as Beef, from band "Secretaries of Steak"), Henry Rollins (of Black Flag as Rockin' Roger), Iggy Pop (of The Stooges as Victor), among others.
- We both gave "SUCK" a 9 out of 10!
* Our intro music is "24 FPS" by À Rebours, from their album Vanish, which can be found at iTunes among other places. Check out Ian Stone's MySpace page and blog, too. Find out more about À Rebours and their sister bands at Final Joy Records.
That wraps up this episode of the Out Of The Coffin podcast. Thanks for listening!
This Blog and Podcast are © Copyright 2008-2010 by Dan Shaurette, under the Creative Commons "Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike" License. Some Rights Reserved.
If you have any comments about this podcast, feel free to drop a note at OutOfTheCoffin.com/contact or visit our Facebook page. Or, if you'd rather leave some voice mail, you can call us at 1-206-350-7638.