Episode #68 - The Last Vampire Being Human
* FETIDUS by James Durham is finished and last episode #20 dropped on 1/11/11.
- What a great, imaginative, dark, sexy, wicked story! Zombies, ghosts, vampires, demons, and politicians all in a near-future, noir detective novel.
- This one goes to 11 folks! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
* Speaking of Podiobooks.com, the website recently underwent some major maintenance.
- Consider making a donation to help them out. Especially if you considered donating to LILITH'S LOVE, please donate directly to their funds.
// COMIC BOOKS
* Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Tales released Jan 11, 2011
- "This hardcover collects stories from MySpace Dark Horse Presents #31 and #32; Tales of the Vampires: Carpe Noctem parts 1 and 2; Buffy: Tales of the Vampires one-shot; Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales of the Vampires #1–#5; Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales of the Slayers #1–"Broken Bottle of Djinn"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales of the Slayers TPB."
// AWARDS SHOWS
* Vampires in movies and TV completely ignored by the Golden Globes!
- Not even "Let Me In" nor "True Blood" nominated! Scandalous!
* Twilight: Eclipse still a winner at the People's Choice Awards.
- True Blood was nominated for a couple, but Eclipse took home the awards.
// TV SHOWS
* Being Human -- the American version -- premiered on SyFy on January 17, 2011
- We saw the first episode and found it to be familiar yet still fresh and even funny. We hope the series maintains this pace.
// MOVIE REVIEWS
* We watched the live-action remake of Blood: The Last Vampire (2009).
- Dan gave it a 8/10. Michelle gave it a 8.5/10. Our major criticism is of the stop-motion demons. This was the only real failure in the SFX, but is enough to pull the watcher out of the movie.
* P.S. The anime TV series "Blood+" is based loosely on "Blood: The Last Vampire". There are also manga and video games based on all of the above.
// COMING SOON
* The Dr. John William Polidori Awards for Excellence in Vampire Entertainment (aka The Dories)
- Please vote in the semi-final categories. You may vote for multiple choices if you like, plus there are write-in fields, too. But once you cast your vote for each category, they will be locked and you cannot change your vote.
* Our intro music is "24 FPS" by À Rebours, from their album Vanish, which can be found at iTunes among other places. Check out Ian Stone's MySpace page and blog, too. Find out more about À Rebours and their sister bands at Final Joy Records.
That wraps up this episode of the Out Of The Coffin podcast. Thanks for listening!
This Blog and Podcast are © Copyright 2008-2011 by Dan Shaurette, under the Creative Commons "Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike" License. Some Rights Reserved.
If you have any comments about this podcast, feel free to drop a note at OutOfTheCoffin.com/contact or visit our Facebook page. Or, if you'd rather leave some voice mail, you can call us at 1-206-350-7638.