Podcast: Play in new window
| Download (Duration: 1:45:48 — 97.4MB)
* 10/11-11/3: Scorpius Dance Theatre’s ‘Vampire Tale’ in Phoenix - Ninth Year!
- So beautiful, fun, dark, and sensual. Go if you get the chance. It is at the Phoenix Little Theatre, so there’s not a bad seat in the house. Being in the front row was pretty awesome.
- The week of Oct. 21-28 they will be traveling to Whitby, England for the Bram Stoker International Film Festival, where they will be performing on the 26th.
*Artistic License by Emerian Rich is on sale now!
- “Like DORIAN GRAY if penned by Jane Austen and presented by Rod Serling” — I’ve been blurbed!
- When the podnovel is produced, Michelle and I will be voicing Captain and Mrs. Randall. But don’t wait for that, go grab that paperback now! Trust me, the novel is great for fans of both horror and romance!
* Final episode of the season for Horror Addicts dropped Oct. 21th!
- Listen to hear who wins GothHaus 3: The Gothmazing Race, hear music from our friends À Rebours, part two of my interview with author Jeff Mudgett, Marc’s interview with author Mike Bennett, David’s interview with director Willo Hausman, Emz’s interview with best-selling novelist Andrew Neiderman, and SO Much More It’s Scary!
- I think this has been the best season of Horror Addicts EVAR and I’m looking forward to next season!
* Wander Radio- Jack Hosley recently interviewed me for his podcast again. It should air around Halloween.- You will hear my voice in his new audio drama production Free Air/Pirate Radio.
* One-shot Motion Comic for The Strain is available to watch online.
- This one-shot teaser was very well done. I hope they do more, but hey, there’s always the dead-tree comic and the novels.
- I have to blame Tabz for sharing this with me. Turns out that Geek and Sundry produced this bit of awesome.
* Gail Carriger on Sword & Laser
- Speaking of Geek & Sundry, their show Sword & Laser invited Gail over for tea and a great chat. Hijinks ensue!- Alessandro Tarabotti backstory hinted at. If that’s not already on her to-do list, I hope that she’ll consider writing it.
* The Living Vampire ~ A Social Survey
- “In order to gain a deeper understanding of the knowledge base and the perceptions of and about modern vampirism the following survey concentrates more on the social/sociological aspects of the sub-culture. It represents an opportunity both to add to the already accumulated store of demographic knowledge that we have and also to present the sub-culture in a light that is not tainted by fiction, fantasy and ghastly newspaper headlines. The survey will be conducted over three months, October, November and December of 2012.”
* A Marc Short - Six short Audio tales by Marc Vale
* Jack Hosley
// MOCKINGBIRD LANE
* Failed Munsters reboot pilot will air Oct 26th on NBC. Here’s a trailer.
// REVAMP FOREVER KNIGHT
* Make it happen, Hollywood! Inspired by this post:http://www.vampires.com/forever-knight-re-imagined/
* OK, so I just raided the cast of LOST GIRL, but, I think they have potential…
Anthony Lemke as Nick Knight - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0501355/
Zoie Palmer as Dr. Natalie Lambert - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1235776/
Emmanuelle Vaugier as Janette - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0891275/
Paul Amos as LaCroix - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1620443/
John Stamos as Schenke - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001764/
Matthew Davis as Nick http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0205127/
Jordana Brewster as Janette http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0108287/
// THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
- The fourth season premiered Oct. 11th.- The second episode, “Memorial” had me ballin’!
// LOST GIRL (WITHDRAWALS)
* More discussion from PythonDen…
- My point was that since she is Fae, they call her a “succubus” because she feeds on sexual energy. The vamp from the first season is a vamp because he fed on blood.
It wasn’t because she isn’t human, but because that is what the show’s Fae terminology for her is. No one calls her a vampire. Therefore she isn’t one.As I said: Since she is Fae and they have their classifications of light, dark, and underfae, along with individual species, they have determined that blood drinking equals vampire and sexual energy equals succubus.
* Horror Addicts podcast, hosted by Emerian Rich
* Gail Carriger
* Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter on Blu-Ray and DVD on Oct 23.
- We reviewed it in Episode #83. Dan gave it a 7/10. Michelle gave it an 8/10.
* Dark Shadows already out on Blu-Ray and DVD.
- We reviewed it in Episode #82. Dan gave it an 8/10. Michelle gave it a 6.75/10.
* Hotel Transylvania
- Fun, kid-friendly spook-fest. Sure the humor is low-brow, but it’s a silly halloween movie. Still a better love story than Twilight.
- Starring Adam Sandler as Dracula, Andy Samberg as Jonathan, Selena Gomez as Mavis, Kevin James as Frankenstein, Fran Drescher as Eunice, Steve Buscemi as Wayne, Molly Shannon as Wanda.
- Dan gives it a 10/10. Michelle gives it a 10/10!
* We talked about Halloween memories.
* Mesa, AZ is doing a block party called Nightmare on Main Street. Looks like fun. October 27 starting at 6PM.
// THE FUTURE
- For Halloween, I will post the full interview I had with Jeff Mudgett, the author of BLOODSTAINS, and read my short story Dead Man’s Book.
- We talked about the future of the podcast. If you have any suggestions, comments, or death threats, drop us a note at OutOfTheCoffin.com/contact, visit our Facebook page, or call us at (623) 239-2942.
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn 2 – Nov. 16…
- The Polidori Awards need nominations, for categories and nominees! Simply contact us with suggestions or comment on the post below.
* We wrapped the show by playing, “Vampire Surprise” by Veronique Chevalier, from her album, Polka Haunt Us-a Spook-Tacular Compilation.
* Our intro music is “Alchemists Tower” by Kevin MacLeod’s Incompetech.com.
That wraps up this episode of the Out Of The Coffin podcast. Thanks for listening!
This Blog and Podcast are © Copyright 2008-2012 by Dan Shaurette, under the Creative Commons “Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike” License. Some Rights Reserved.
If you have any comments about this podcast, feel free to drop a note at OutOfTheCoffin.com/contact or visit our Facebook page. Or, if you’d rather leave some voice mail, you can call us at: (623) 239-2942.